Saturday 16 January 2010

Friday Night Sew In (or the great Craft lock-down)

Well, I did it! I finished the Cotswolds quilt top!



I put the last 2 borders on last night and I’m quite happy with it. It’s a biggie, too – 93” (238cm) square. I do like the flying geese and checkerboard borders, although there was A LOT of piecing, which I was glad to get through.



Soon this top will go off to Terina from Quilts With Attitude to be quilted. She does a fantastic job of not only the quilting, but with helping to select all things from thread colour to batting to design. I always know my quilts are in safe hands when I leave them with her.

I also had a bit of a clean up when the quilt top was done, putting away all the fabric leftovers into the stash. I have some plastic tubs which I use for ongoing projects and last night, by the time I’d finished sewing and tidying I had an empty one!!! What a great feeling!

I then gave my machine a quick service and finished up with a whole lot of enthusiasm to finish another unfinished project soon.



I’d like to say a huge thanks to Heidi and Bobbi for organising the Friday Night Sew In (and to Natima for mentioning it on her blog, which set all the wheels in motion for me). It was great to have a chunk of time set aside and actually use it productively. It’s easy to find excuses to fill the time with other things when your motivation is not what it could be, so committing to the Sew In (or Craft Lockdown, as my son referred to it) was really good for me. Thanks again ladies for your generosity in organising and co-ordinating this event. It's been very much appreciated.

6 comments:

Sue-anne said...

Yay! Its finished and it looks absolutely beautiful. Your sewing room is so clean and inviting - I can't walk from one side of the room to the other without stepping over something in mine.

Natima said...

Glad you had fun with the sew-in and finishing off something. That sewing room of your is spotless! I've to look at mine too. I'm delighted that I inspired you to the sew-in. I'm so happy!!! Hugs Natima

Jocelyn said...

Lovely job on the quilt! The fabric is beautiful. Wasn't the Friday Night Sew-In fun??

Lis Harwood said...

Wow Sue, that quilt is gorgeous, such tranquil colours, so good for sleeping under. Your work space is sooooooooooo tidy!! The sew-in was such fun wasn't it, thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. I hope we do it all again soon, Lis xx

illene tiziani said...

Quilt top looks great
Isn't it lovely to get something finished

Cath Walker said...

Looks good and so does your sewing room... would you like to come and do mine now....?????
Friday night sew-in was fun....
Cath Ü

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...