Tuesday 9 February 2010

Penguin Quilt

I was reminded by Sue-Anne's post about her Lynette Anderson Friends For Christmas quilt (which is beautiful, by the way) about the Penguin Quilt I made for our son for his 9th birthday. His class that year was called "The Penguins" (all the classes were named after birds and animals) and we all learned A LOT about penguins, that's for sure!

He was thrilled with the quilt . . .



When I look at it now, it's about the most technically INCORRECT bit of sewing I've done - I must have stretched the polyester wadding when I was putting it together, because now it's considerably smaller than the fabric. The only quilting on it is a huge star stitched at the top (our son had a top with stars all over it, which he wore all the time and we called him Star Boy) which you can barely see since the whole thing is so loose and floppy - so nothing really holding it all together. The machine stitching around the applique is way too big for my liking . . . but having said all that, I still like it. It makes me smile thinking back to the time it was made and who it was made for . . . and really, that's what it's all about.



So thanks, Sue-Anne for sharing your quilt and prompting me to share mine.

What oldies, but goodies do you have in your world?

3 comments:

Sue-Anne said...

Those penguins are adorable! Who cares about the wadding, it's the memories that are important.

Natima said...

Still the penguins are so cute and perfect applique! It's nice to bring it out and share. It's an easy quilt for boys and someone else might like to make - Hugs Nat

karen said...

I love your penquin quilt. Would you please email me a copy of your penquin applique?,I'd greatly appreciate it so I could make a small baby quilt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...