Saturday 6 February 2010

The Quilt Cat . . .

Our cat, Squeaker, seems to have inbuilt tracking for when a quilt is in progress. It doesn't matter where she is, if a quilt-in-progress comes out, she comes from where ever she's been . . .

Even when she was tiny, before she progressed to actual quilts, she made a bee-line for quilting magazines!





It has been said that it's easy to tell which quilts are finished and which still have some work to be done - look for the one with the cat laying on it!



And I've tried giving her her own piece of quilty goodness, but no, she wants whatever I'm working on.







There have been times I've had to lock her OUT of the room because she's driven me nuts when I've been trying to lay out a quilt or do some piecing, but when it's all said and done, I don't think I'd be without my 'quilt cat'.

What creatures keep you company on your crafty endeavours?

4 comments:

Sue-Anne said...

She's so cute! Max is the same. Every time I try to take a photo, he has to walk all over it. I remove him and he comes back again and again! I'm sure he thinks I have laid the quilt out just for him.

Sue-Anne said...

Just another thought - our previous cat, Salem, used to pull all the pins out of the pincushion with his teeth. He was fascinated with them. I couldn't leave the pin cushion out anywhere in the house where he could get to it.

Sylvia said...

Hi Sue. I accidentally commented on this post on the bowling one! Silly me.

Mary said...

Hi, Sue. Your Squeaker is one beautiful cat! I have 4; Frank & Star, and Max & Mia. Frank loves to lick photos, so I always have to hide any I have around or make sure they're behind glass. And he has a horrible habit of chewing electrical cords. Mia (like Sue-Anne's Salem ) is a pin puller - I can never have a pincushion out where she can reach it. She is also crazy about chewing & eating rubber bands. Max is into everything, altogether too smart and curious. I laid out a white chenille bedspread yesterday to use as a photo backdrop, and in 30 seconds I had 3 cats trying to establish their spots on it. Only Star is a well-behaved lady. She likes to play hide-and-seek with me, and she tells me when it's time to get out the catnip.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...