Tuesday 4 January 2011

Civil War Quilts

Well, I've made a start on 2011 . . . with the first block from Barbara Brackman's new blog "Civil War Quilts". In commemorating the 150th anniversary of the beginning of the American Civil War, Barbara is going to present "a true story each week about the people who lived at the time of the Civil War. Read their words from their diaries, letters and memoirs as you make a quilt block".

The first block is called "Catch Me If You Can" (or "Winding Blades", "Devil's Puzzle" or "Flyfoot"). I hand pieced this block, but I suspect that Francene may be pressed into service in the future. I enjoyed the hand stitching, but I think if I'm going to keep up with these blocks (and life in general), that the machine is going to be the way to go for me.


I had decided that this year I would finish off some of the projects I've had partially completed for a while before I started anything new. Then I spent some time on the computer . . . and now I have a new project! So much for my resolve . . .

Pattern: Civil War Quilts - Catch Me If You Can Block
Designer: Barbara Brackman
Publication: http://civilwarquilts.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Hi Sue. You are very keen taking on a weekly quilt. I have started a few new things too and want to do some new BOMs. I do so love starting new things. I am going to try and finish some things off as well!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...