Sunday 3 April 2011

Blocks 13 and 14 - Done!

I've had Block 13 - Little Blue Basket - cut out and ready to go all week. But it took me until Friday night to get the time to put it together . . .


I'm quite pleased with the way this one turned out. I'm not sure yet about putting a handle on it. If I think it needs one when I'm putting the blocks together I'll probably add it then. But for now, sans handle it is!

And Block 14 - Fox and Geese - is done, too. This is a block that I could probably do a version 2 or possibly even 3 of.


I found both of these blocks went together quickly and the measurements were spot on.

I'm starting to think about colours for sashings now. I saw an article in a magazine about a group of quilters who had made a similar style of quilt to this one (many, many different small blocks to make up the quilt). They were all holding up their gorgeous quilts and had a variety of colours on their sashings - one had red, one navy blue, one chocolate brown, one caramel . . . They all looked beautiful in their own unique ways.

And it got me thinking about what colour I'm going to use. Luckily there's still quite a while till I need to make that decision!



Pattern: Civil War Quilts - Block 13 - Little Blue Basket and Block 14 - Fox and Geese
Designer: Barbara Brackman
Publication: http://civilwarquilts.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Nat Palaskas said...

Nice job Sue, I love both colour, yellow and blue. I put a handle on mine basket block. I'm thinking of the sashing too (only thinking ha!). I have chosen the corner fabric, but not sashing fabric yet - hugs Nat

Terry said...

Sooooo good you are up to date. Your blocks are a nice combinations of tonal colors.
Wish I was more conceintious. Ah well just me.
have a good weekend

Erika Mulvenna said...

I like the various shades of colors in each monochromatic block, nicely done! Can't wait to see what color you choose to pull it all together. Have you checked out all the great quilting links shared at www.WeAllSew.com?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...