Tuesday 10 April 2012

Hot...Cross...Stitches


Or is that hot...cross...buns? Well, there were some of those, too. But I've also taken advantage of the beautiful days over this Easter break to do a little cross stitching . . .

This trio of rabbits is perfect for a little lavender-filled satchet . . . a cute little chocolate substite for a diabetic. I've used some vintage ribbon and the lavender was grown and dried by a friend.

Pattern: Easter Bunnies
Designer: Alexandrina
Publication: http://matryoshkabiscornue.blogspot.com.au/
Fabric: 28 count Even Weave Linen
Thread: Anchor 1360
Size: 4 3/8" x 2 3/8"

And this is a colour combination I've been wanting to use for a while . . . nice rich buttercup thread on a french blue linen. I'm not sure quite what I want to do with this now that it's done, but I really like it. Not just the colours, but also the whimsical childhood feel that it has. I think I'll be working with this combination again.

Pattern: Pasqua
Designer: Luli
Publication: http://ioluli.blogspot.com.au/
Fabric: 32 count Belfast Linen, French Blue/Spruce
Thread: DMC 676
Size: 8 1/2" x 1 3/4"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...