Friday 13 April 2012

What A Pear


As soon as I saw the sample of this on the Samplers and Santas blog I knew that I wanted to stitch it.

And now I have.

And I love it!

I haven't used traditional pear colours, but I can live with that. It's only little - about 5 1/2" to the top of the stalk. But it's got a bit of substance to it from the silica sand filling.


This project's got all the elements I'm loving at the moment . .


Vintage.

Cross stitch.

Variegated thread.

Felted woven wool.

Heavy pincushion.

Now all it's missing is a mate . . . a numbers sampler pear-haps???




Pattern: Pear Alphabet Sampler
Designer: Samplers and Santas
Publication: http://samplers-and-santas.blogspot.com.au
Fabric: 27 count linen, overdyed, Four Ewes Hand dyed felted woven wool
Thread: Weeks Dye Works, Holiday Collection, 4105, Noel

2 comments:

FIONA said...

Gorgeous Sue - I think I need one too!!! Beautifully put together too!! xx

Sue-Anne said...

I love the pear!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...