Wednesday 17 July 2013

Civil War Shoofly Blocks

It seemed about time I did some stitching. And this poor Civil War quilt has been in progress for so long now, that I want to see it pieced and bound!

I've had the fabrics for these Shoofly blocks cut, just waiting for time, energy and inspiration to collide.

Finally, when all the stars were aligned, I stitched . . .


and I stitched . . .


and I stitched!


Now I have all the "filler" blocks done I need to give serious thought to the sashings between the blocks. I'm pretty sure I'm going to arrange all the blocks on point, which I've never done before!

Now to consider what colour for the sashings. And corner stones, too . . .

Decisions, decisions.


Pattern: Civil War Quilts
Designer: Barbara Brackman
Publication: http://civilwarquilts.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Raewyn said...

I love how your blocks are looking, Sue (great colours!) and it will be interesting to see them on point :-) Hope the stars align for you once more and you get some more done on it!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

These look wonderful Sue...looking forward to your decision!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...