Thursday 22 March 2012

Sprocket Pillows

As soon as I discovered the tutorial for these Sprocket Pillows I just knew I had to make one . . . or maybe two!


I made the 16" version and I modified it a bit - I didn't use the side gusset, but rather just joined front and back for a flatter version.

These were a spur of the moment thing, and using only what I had on hand. I had leftovers from the Fat Jack quilt and linen left over from a table cloth I made for the backing. I re-purposed a couple of dis-used cushions for the filling. And a couple of over-sized vintage buttons from my big button jar to pinch them in at the centre (that's a big jar, not just big buttons!!).


I found it so satisfying to use up supplies that I already had. Don't get me wrong, I love the special-ness of something new, that's for sure. But to take some bits that are just waiting for a purpose . . . and then give them that purpose - that adds a little something extra for me.

What have you re-purposed lately?


Pattern: Sprocket Pillows
Designer: Cluck Cluck Sew
Publication: http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2011/03/tutorial-sprocket-pillows.html

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...